McNeese Federal Credit Union
The following individuals are eligible to join the McNeese Federal Credit Union:
- McNeese State University employees
- Active McNeese State University Alumni
- Active McNeese Athletic Foundation members
- Active McNeese Student Government Association club members
- S.E.E.D. Center employees and Board members
- Member’s spouse
- Member’s dependents
- Member’s brothers
- Member’s sisters
- Member’s parents
- Member’s grandparents
- Member’s grandchildren
Please visit the credit union at your earliest convenience located on the McNeese State University campus behind Gayle Hall if you are interested in becoming a member. A valid federal or state issued identification and social security card is required to open your account relationship. There is a minimum opening deposit of $50.00 for all new share accounts.
Share / Savings Accounts
- Minimum opening deposit of $50.00.
- Must maintain a minimum balance of $50.00 at all times.
- Two withdrawals per month at no cost. $6.00 per withdrawal after two within the month.
- Dividends are paid quarterly on the daily balance method on accounts maintaining a balance of $800.00 or more.
- Dividend rates are subject to change without notice.
- NSF ACH item fee – $35.00 per item
- $25.00 account close out fee if account is closed within 90 days of opening.
- Dormant account fee of $10.00 per month after twenty-four (24) months of no member generated activity.
Share Draft / Checking Accounts
- NO MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGES.
- No minimum opening deposit.
- Unlimited check writing, no per check fee.
- Debit / ATM Card – no monthly service charge. Initial card is issued at no charge. Refer to our Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure brochure for additional information.
- If overdrawn: Four free transfers from savings account per calendar month to cover check clearing overdrafts, if funds are available. A $5.00 fee will be assessed for each additional transfer beginning with the fifth transfer in a calendar month.
- If overdrawn: Two free transfers from savings account per calendar month to cover ACH clearing overdrafts, if funds are available. A $5.00 fee will be assessed for each additional transfer beginning with the third transfer in a calendar month.
- NSF fee – $35.00 per item
- Check charges – varies
- Stop payment fee – $25.00 per item
- Official Credit Union check fee of $6.00 per check unless certain criteria is met
- Photocopy of share draft item – $6.00 per item
- Additional copy of statement – $6.00 per statement
- Checkbook/statement balancing assistance – $25.00 per hour
- Account research fee – $75.00 per hour
- Tax levy fee – $45.00 per levy
- Chargeback fee – $5.00 per item
- Account verification fee – $10.00 per request unless certain criteria is met
- Please see our service charge brochure and Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure for additional information.
- Additional fees may apply under certain circumstances and fees are subject to change.
We offer the following types of loans:
- Car and Truck loans
- Refinancing of NEW Cars and Trucks
- Other Collateral Loans (boats, motorcycles, travel trailers, farm & lawn equipment, etc.)
- Consolidation Loans
- Signature / Personal Loans
- Share-Secured Loans
Click below to complete a loan application. After completing the application, print it out, sign it, and fax it to 337.475.5129
- Rapid loan decisions and same day loan closings on most loans.
- No loan processing fees.
- No loan origination fees.
- No pre-payment penalties.
- McNeese payroll deduction for monthly loan payments.
Borrowers have the option of requesting a Skip-A-Payment on loans with less than 60 months remaining until maturity. Call the credit union for additional details and to verify your eligibility.
|Loan Type||APR as low as1|
Location: On the McNeese State University Campus, behind Gayle Hall
Mailing Address: McNeese Federal Credit Union, PO Box 90740, Lake Charles, LA 70609
Lobby Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 3pm
Debit Card Lost / Stolen: To report a lost or stolen debit card during credit union business hours, please call 337.475.5344 or after hours, please call 800.500.1044.
The McNeese Federal Credit Union restricts access to member’s personal information to only those individuals and/or agencies that need the confidential information to provide products and/or services to our members. The credit union maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard personal information. The McNeese Federal Credit Union does not sell or otherwise provide member names or other confidential information to non-affiliated third parties unless required by law.
The McNeese Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information consistent with state and federal laws and ensuring the accuracy of such information. The law requires our directors, committee members and employees to hold in confidence all member transactions and their personal affairs. We value your trust and want you to understand what information we collect, how we use it and with whom we share it.
Collection and use of personal information:
We obtain information about you from a variety of sources in order to administer your records and accounts, process your transactions, assist us in developing new products and services and fulfill any legal and regulatory requirements. These sources may include:
- Information we receive from you on applications, surveys and other forms (Examples: name, address, phone numbers, Social Security number, assets, liabilities, income, etc.)
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Information obtained from other sources to verify representations made by you
- Consumer reporting agencies
Sharing of confidential information:
- Companies that provide us with an expanded line of products and services
- Companies that assist us in managing your accounts
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law
In situations where your information is shared with third parties, they are not permitted to use the information for any purpose other than to assist our servicing of your account(s) or as permitted by law. The information provided to credit reporting agencies is protected by federal law and its use is strictly governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. We do not sell your information to third party marketers.
Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect your personal information.
Accuracy of Information:
If you notice any inaccuracies in your statements, please call 337.475.5344 for details on how to update your account information. We will promptly investigate and make any necessary changes to update your records. The McNeese Federal Credit Union has no obligation, liability or responsibility to respond, act upon, or follow any instructions that are received electronically, by e-mail or otherwise, unless we are able to authenticate the communication to our satisfaction. Accurate contact information is essential if we happen to detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity on your account and we need to contact you immediately.
Changes to Our Policy:
Safeguarding Your Privacy:
Members also have a responsibility to safeguard their financial information.
- Account numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords should be protected to prevent unauthorized account access if a debit card is lost or stolen.
Use caution when disclosing account numbers, Social Security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls and claims to be a representative of the credit union, do not divulge such information. Our staff has access to member’s personal information and will not need to ask for it.
Identity theft occurs when your personal information is obtained and used to open new bank accounts, credit card accounts, secure loans or even commit a crime.
Phishing is a scheme utilized by fraudsters to trick unsuspecting individuals into disclosing personal and confidential information by posing as a trusted financial institution, an online retailer or other service provider.
Pharming utilizes computer software to collect personal and confidential information from your computer and deliver it back to the fraudsters.
ATM tampering occurs when a fraudster attaches a skimming device to the ATM swiping mechanism that will be used to download your card information so that a duplicate card can be produced to make fraudulent purchases and withdrawals. Skimming also occurs at restaurants when your card is given to the waiter or waitress for processing.
Criminals also gather personal and confidential information by:
- Stealing bank statements, credit card statements, pre-approved credit offers, new checks from mailboxes.
- Stealing wallets and purses
- Changing your mailing address to another address monitored by the fraudster
- Finding personal information in your home or trash
- Hacking into computer systems
Ways to safeguard yourself:
- Do NOT reply to unsolicited emails, pop-up messages or phone calls requesting personal and confidential information.
- Do NOT let your debit or credit card out of your sight when making a purchase.
- Use updated anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer along with a firewall.
- Review all account statements carefully to verify all transactions.
- Review your credit bureau report annually. You are entitled to one free report each year. To request your free report, call 877.322.8228 or go to www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Shred all confidential information before disposing of it.
- Close and destroy unused credit and ATM cards.
- Remove mail promptly from your mailbox.
- Refrain from leaving mail in your mailbox for the mail carriers to pickup to be mailed.
- Never write your PIN number on your ATM, debit or credit card. Never allow the cashier to enter your PIN. Always keep your PIN confidential.
- Verify that your internet shopping sites are secure.
- Observe the ATM surroundings before conducting a transaction.
- Block the view of others when entering your PIN at an ATM or a point of sale terminal.
The McNeese Federal Credit Union, nor our affiliates, will send emails requesting personal or confidential account information. Please DO NOT RESPOND to any emails that request personal and confidential information, even if the emails are from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) or the Credit Union National Association (CUNA).
If you discover that you have given out personal and confidential information in response to a fraudulent request, report the incident to your account providers immediately. You should also report the incident to all three credit reporting agencies:
Equifax – 800.525.6285
TransUnion – 800.680.7289
Experian – 888.397.3742
Lake Charles, LA 70609
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate
McNeese Federal Credit Union